I recently embraced the use of VINE for marketing promotions, PR and business development. I’m the type of guy that can always find a way to make something practical, but VINE for the 30-something marketer…. definitely out of the box.
What is Vine?
Vine is a mobile service that lets you create and share short looping videos. Videos you post to Vine will appear on your Vine profile and the timelines of your Vine followers. Posts can also be shared to Twitter or Facebook. (straight from Vine’s website (https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170317 – yes, Twitter owns VINE!). For more, check out the FAQs!!!!
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT IDEAS:
1. VINE video introduction showcasing staff. Or do just for new team members. Remember those cool witty interview type bios that started trending in mid-2000s… VINE video will take that highlighting favorite color, clothes, music, artistic style, etc. to a whole new level (yes, it’s okay to have the dog in there too!)
2. For your publicists – witty poignant VINE video interviews of your thought leading CEOs / CMOs
3. Entertainment – why not think of VINE as a new way to create special threatical release TRAILER for your film or new take before DVD release…..
4. Hey you recording label reps and music executives…. MTV video (check), Vimeo/YouTube (check)… why not special release out-takes or special “VINE only” video
5. Cause marketing executives and PR pros – make your “cause” that more real by highlighting the impact you are making with a cool VINE vid showcasing a “1-minute in the life of the org”
The list goes on…. interested in ideas for your business? Hit me up @broekman or call 818-212-9201 or worse than that, hire me!
How do I get started?
Vine is currently available for iOS/iPhones and Android devices. You can download Vine for iOS in the Apple App Store, and Vine for Android in the Google Play Store. After installing Vine on your device, you can sign up using an email address or sign in with your Twitter account. Once you’ve logged in, you can find people to follow, post your own videos, and more.
How do I find people I know on Vine?
You can quickly find people you know on Vine through your device’s address book and people you follow on Twitter. You can also search for people on Vine or invite them via text message or email. To get started, tap the menu button in the top left corner, select “Profile”, and then tap the button with two people on it in the top right corner.
For more, check out the FAQs!!!!
TIPS to getting most out of VINE experience
– Use a tripod or at least have a steady hand
– Understand the goals of what you are trying to capture
– Research “ghost feature” for stop motion if that applies to your video!
– You don’t need to shoot ALL at once – take your time and have fun
– Time lapse videos – test out your iphone tapping to make sure you’re capturing what you want!
– FYI, you can get 140 taps into one VINE or that’s almost 24 frames per second! Don’t tap too hard!
– Per Ian Padgham (@origiful), Video Producer at Twitter…..
“After finishing your Vine video and tapping the check icon, you end up on the share screen.
At this point, you can still tap back (left facing arrow in the top left corner of the screen)
to review your video. You can also close the app and go to your Photo Gallery – a video file of
your video will already be saved to your phone. Reviewing before posting is always a smart idea
and can help you avoid posting a clip you might want to redo.”