Updating your channel has gotten even easier. Check out the boilerplate courtesy of YouTube.
Give your channel a custom look and feel by selecting channel art. Channel art can be used to brand your channel’s identity and give your channel page a unique look and feel. Your channel art will be used on all platforms where viewers can see your channel (TV, mobile, tablets, etc.)
Here’s how to edit Channel art:
- Sign in to YouTube and visit your channel by clicking on your channel’s link in your Guide.
- In the top right menu, select My Channel.
- New channel art: Near the top of the screen, click Add channel art.
- Existing channel art: Hover your cursor over the existing banner until you see the edit icon . Click the icon and select Edit channel art.
- Upload an image or photo from your computer or saved photos. You can also click the Gallery tab to choose an image from the YouTube photo library.
- You’ll see a preview of how the art will appear across different devices. To make changes, select Adjust the crop.
- Click Select
If you aren’t able to follow these instructions, you are likely using the old version of YouTube. If you’re using a newer browser, update to the current version of YouTube.
Channel art guidelines
Channel art looks different on desktop, mobile, and TV displays — larger images may be cropped. For the best results on all devices, we recommend uploading one 2560 x 1440 px image.
- Minimum dimension for upload: 2048 x 1152 px.
- Minimum safe area for text and logos: 1546 x 423 px. Larger images may get cropped on certain views or devices.
- Maximum width: 2560 x 423 px. This means that the “safe area” is always visible regardless of screen size. The areas to each side of the channel art are visible or cropped depending on browser size.
- File size: 6MB or smaller.
If you’re not sure about the width and height of an image, download our Channel Art Templates to see how images show on different devices.
How to resize images
ORIGINAL POST HERE:
Add social media links to banner
You can add links to your social media sites on your channel banner.
- On a computer, go to your channel and click the About tab. If you’re in the new YouTube layout, click Customize channel.
- Hover over the “Links” section, then click edit .
- Click the +Add button.
- Enter the title and URL of the site you want to link to. You can add up to five links.
- Click Done.
Links that you add here are featured just below your description and use the icon from the corresponding social media network when displayed.